Another recipe I got from my co-worker. I have been making this recipe for at least 3 years in a row every Christmas. Everyone in my family likes it. Hope you too.
1 cup crushed vanilla wafers
1 lb box confectionary sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
Mix well (very dry). Melt 1/2 lb butter (2 sticks). Pour in peanut butter mix. Roll little balls. Refrigerate( 2 hours to get firm).
Melt large bag chocolate chips and 1/2 bar wax. Dip balls with toothpicks and put on wax paper until choc mixture hardens. Take out toothpicks. (Fill the hole). Keep refrigerate.
Another tasty sweet I prepare for the family. You can use the basic recipe to make muffin and just add your favorite fruit instead for blueberry. Its up to what you're in the mood to make.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2.Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3.To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.4.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
It was sunday and I was thinking to cook something different for my family for dinner. I have this ham in the freezer. I was thinking to cook this instead. I will use this recipe for glazed. It taste good home this bring flavor to my ham.
Wish me luck.
1Cup Brown Sugar
1/4Cup Pineapple Juice
Maraschino Cherries (Optional)
- 1Combine brown sugar, mustard and flour.
- Add pineapple juice and mix thoroughly.
- Spread mixture over ham.
- About 1/2 hour before ham has finished baking, remove from oven and pour off drippings.
- Decorate with pineapple slices and maraschino cherry halves in the centers (may be secured with a toothpick).
- Return ham to oven for about 30 minutes to allow glaze to set.
*Marinate the pork or beef steak in kalamansi (lemon) juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper for 30 minutes.
*In a frying, add cooking oil.
*Add the marinated pork or beef steak and cook slow until done.Increase heat for a minute or two to brown steaks.
*Add the sliced onions and continue to cook for another minute.
*Serve on a platter including the oil and sauce.
*Best served with hot plain rice.
4 chicken breast halves
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Mix mayonnaise, cheese and seasonings.
2. Spread mixture over chicken breast and place in baking dish.
3. bake 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Todays menu. Hubby and my mom likes it but not my girls. Good thing the girls are sleeping over at a friends house and they're having their dinner with them. Angel usually likes it. Per my mom she called this "kiki" soup. Filipinos know what this word means. This is 1st time making the tortellini soup this way. But still really good. For cold weather this is great for dinner. Easy and affordable.
1 pkg tortellini
1 lb sausage
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup diced carrot
4 tsp. Minced garlic
4 cans chicken broth
2 cups chopped spinach
1 cup frozen peas
4 tbsp parmesan cheese
4 tbsp prepared pesto
Salt and pepper
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add sausage until no longer pink. Add onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently until onion is transculent.
3. Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
4. Stir in tortellini and frozen peas.
5. Cook 5 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat and stir in spinach, cheese, pesto , salt and pepper to taste.
One of my kids favorite breakfast is corn muffin.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar1 cup medium cornmeal
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 pound unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 extra-large eggs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate bowl, combine the milk, melted butter, and eggs.
With the mixer on the lowest speed, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir until they are just blended.
Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each one to the top.
Bake for 30 minutes, until the tops are crisp and a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool slightly and remove from the pan.
Having a growing kids is getting expensive. Buying pizza getting expensive because we are buying not only 2 pizza but we are buying 3 pizza. So I was start making our own pizza. Now I am thinking to make pizza from the scratch. So I found this basic pizza dough. It is a recipe by Emerill Lagasse.
Serves:1 large pizza crust or 2 medium pizza crusts
1 cup warm (110 degrees F) water
1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon plus
1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 cups bleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, sugar, and 1 tablespoon oil and stir to combine.
2. Let sit until the mixture is foamy, about 5 minutes.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the salt, mixing by hand until it is all incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
4. Continue adding the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, working the dough after each addition, until all the flour is incorporated but the dough is still slightly sticky.
5. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth but still slightly tacky, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Oil a large mixing bowl with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil.
7. Place the dough in the bowl and turn to oil all sides.
8. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in a warm, draft-free place until nearly doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
9. Use as directed.
It was Saturday morning I wad watching GMA cooking show.
What a coincedence I was planning to cook chicken and they were cooking grilled chicken. Ingredients are so easy and lookd yummy too. So I thought to try making it.
Let you know who whats the outcome.
Whole chicken slice into halves
Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Drizzle olive oil on aluminum foil. Spread celantro or coriander.
Place all the chicken with the mix ingredients on the foil and bake or grilled for an hour.
2 medium potato, cut into 1 inch (about 2 cups)
2 cups fresh or frozen baby carrots
2 stalks celery, soiced (about a cup)
1 1/2 lbs skinless boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup water
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
4 tbsp oil
PLACE potatoes, carrots, celery and chicken in 6 quart slow cooker.
MIX soup, water, thyme and black pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
COVER and cook on low 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
MIX dumpling ingredients. Spoon batter over chicken mixture. Turn heat to high. Tilt lid to vent and cook 30 minutes or until dumplings are cooked in center.
3/4 warm water
1 3/4 tbsp sugar (added to yeast misture)
1/2 cup sugar (added to flour mixture)
1 pouch dry yeast
3 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp butter
1. Place warm water in a bowl then add the yeast and sugar and mix well.Leave the mixture for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, put-in the flour, baking powder, shortening (or lard), and the yeast-sugar-water mixture then mix well (bubbles should have formed on top by then).
3. Knead the combined mixture until the texture of the dough becomes fine. Let the doughrise by setting it aside for at least an hour (place in the mixing bowl and cover the top ).
4. Knead the dough again. Roll into in the size you want. Do it crisscross.
5. Dough is now ready to fry. Enjoy!
Note: For every cup of all purpose flour, remove two tablespoons of the flour and add in two tablespoons of corn starch.
Combine the ingredients in a sifter. Sift together four times. (I like to sift it into one bowl, scoop it out, and sift it back into the same bowl.) And store in a tight container.
Instead buying of cake flour... this is what I do.
Last December I went to New York with my mom and some friends. While we were there we took the opportunity to go to Red ribbons A Filipino famous bakery goods. I bought Mango cake I know my family loves. This gives me an idea to bake it myself to save money. Lucky me i did find a simple recipe. I baked it once and it was very tastey. even it calls for cake flour. because i don't want to spend so much money I
made my own cake flour. And it works. The mango chiffon cake came out good and my family approved it. The only thing I did not do was the frost. You can do how you want your cake. But to me without the frost the cake still good.
Here are the ingredients and directions.
- cake flour - 2 cups, sifted
- granulated sugar - 3/4 cup
- baking powder - 1 Tablespoon
- egg whites - 7
- cream of tartar - 1/2 teaspoon
- granulated sugar - 3/4 cup
- egg yolks - 7
- corn oil - 1/2 cup
- mango juice - 3/4 cup (canned or bottled juice is fine)
- lemon flavoring - 1 teaspoon
- fresh mango - 1 cup cut in cubes, from a whole mango
- butter - 1 cup, softened
- heavy cream - 1/4 cup
- mango nectar - 1/4 cup (canned or bottled juice is fine), for cake icing
- confectioners' sugar - 3 cups
- lemon flavoring - 1 teaspoon, for cake icing
- golden yellow food color - 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
- fresh mango - 1 piece, peeled, pitted, sliced in strips, for cake decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the dry ingredients: cake flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, at highest speed, beat the eggwhites and cream of tartar together. When there are high peaks and hardly any bubbles left, slowly add the 3/4 cup granulated sugar, a few tablespoons at a time. When peaks form and whites are shiny, put aside.
- In another mixing bowl, make a well of all the dry ingredients. In the center add : oil, yolks, mango juice, lemon flavoring. Beat with the mixer at medium speed till blended. This should only take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Into the yellow mango batter, add the cubes of mango fruit, by folding with a spatula.
- Finally, fold the mango mix very gradually into the eggwhites. Try to do the folding in 3 batches, to prevent the eggwhites from dropping.
- Pour batter into a greased round tube pan, measuring 8 inches in diameter, 4 inches high. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or test for doneness.
- When done, cool on counter for a few minutes. Then loosen edges from the round tube pan, invert and take the cake out to cool. It should be completely cooled before adding any of the Mango icing.
- How to make the MANGO BUTTERCREAM ICING (makes 2 1/2 cups)
- In a mixing bowl, at high speed, mix together the softened butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Cream and blend well till smooth.
- Gradually add in alternating order, a few tablespoons at a time : confectioners' sugar, heavy cream, and mango juice. Begin and end with the confectioners' sugar.
- Add the lemon flavoring and blend well.
- Finally, add the golden yellow food coloring. Mix well. Refrigerate the icing till ready to use on cake.
- After icing the cake, garnish mango slices on top in a spiral manner .
Tonight is superbowl. Sad to say Patriots did not make it but we are routing for 49s because Raven cause our team Pats not to be in Superbow this year.
Even Pats not on the game we still have to watch it. I prepare special food. For a change I cook the meatballs in different as how I usually prepare.
This time I made Cranberry chilli meatballs which my family loves it. Surprisingly my mom loves this recipe.
Anyway Here are the Ingredients and direction to prepare. So easy...
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the first six ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add meatballs; cook for 20-25 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.