3/4 warm water
1 3/4 tbsp sugar (added to yeast misture)
1/2 cup sugar (added to flour mixture)
1 pouch dry yeast
3 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp butter
1. Place warm water in a bowl then add the yeast and sugar and mix well.Leave the mixture for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, put-in the flour, baking powder, shortening (or lard), and the yeast-sugar-water mixture then mix well (bubbles should have formed on top by then).
3. Knead the combined mixture until the texture of the dough becomes fine. Let the doughrise by setting it aside for at least an hour (place in the mixing bowl and cover the top ).
4. Knead the dough again. Roll into in the size you want. Do it crisscross.
5. Dough is now ready to fry. Enjoy!