Todays menu. Hubby and my mom likes it but not my girls. Good thing the girls are sleeping over at a friends house and they're having their dinner with them. Angel usually likes it. Per my mom she called this "kiki" soup. Filipinos know what this word means. This is 1st time making the tortellini soup this way. But still really good. For cold weather this is great for dinner. Easy and affordable.
1 pkg tortellini
1 lb sausage
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup diced carrot
4 tsp. Minced garlic
4 cans chicken broth
2 cups chopped spinach
1 cup frozen peas
4 tbsp parmesan cheese
4 tbsp prepared pesto
Salt and pepper
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add sausage until no longer pink. Add onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently until onion is transculent.
3. Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
4. Stir in tortellini and frozen peas.
5. Cook 5 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat and stir in spinach, cheese, pesto , salt and pepper to taste.