Another cold day in New England. October but outside is white. This is the 1st time for 11 years of living here in US that it snow before thanksgiving even before holloween. I decided to bake a carrot cake but the girls requested for pumpkin pie. This is the 1st time for me baking pumpkin pie. Hope they will like it. Let you know what the outcome but here is the recipe I followed.
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9-inch)whipped cream or whipped topping, for garnish.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices, and flour in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Add evaporated milk, water, and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into pastry-lined pie pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350° and bake about 35 minutes longer, or until center is set.