Fried Dough Recipe

If my kids are excited going to carnival to ride on their favorite rides while I am looking forward to have my fried dough. My mother-in-law introduce me to fried dough. Since then I have been addicted to this. But now even how much I love fried dough it is the price stopping me from buying especially now that the girls like this as well. So I realize why I have to buy why not have to cook this myself. Made this to my family once and all of them gave me a thumbs up which means one of the recipe I can make again so I did not just once but more than once.

Another recipe I can add in my site.

Ingredients:
 
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. shortening
1/3 c. milk

Directions:

1. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.

2. Blend in shortening with pastry blender.

3. Stir in milk with a fork until soft dough is formed.

4. On lightly floured surface, knead dough 2 or 3 times.

5. Pat smooth to 1/2 inch thickness.

6. Cut into fourths with a floured knife.

7. Place two at a time into the deep fat fryer, turning often once they reach the top to brown evenly. Cook for 4-5 minutes.

8. Drain on paper towels.

9. You may sprinkle with cinnamon, confectioners' sugar or butter.

Sit and eat.




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment